Chinese Web Gear

Turbokidd

Hello everyone. I purchased a group of various Chinese/NVA pieces of webbed gear in an auction, and I had questions on three of the pieces. The first looks somewhat like a canvas holster, a V-shaped pouch with a flap and the top (first picture).

Thank you!

post-188757-0-67841100-1583866965_thumb.jpg

The second looks a bit like the 4-stick grenade pouches, but has two larger cups at the bottom instead of 4 individual cups (second picture).

post-188757-0-43929800-1583867131_thumb.jpg

I have a few two- stick grenade holders, this is sized the same as the four grenade holders, but with only two pouches. Would they put two grenades per pouch? One grenade swims in the space, that’s why I thoughts two together.

It's for two grenades. They made them for both two and four. I don't know about China, but I know the VC / NVA had a stick grenade with a larger explosive charge. These may have been been designed for that. I'm sure they weighed more than the standard grenades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Better late than never...

#1 is for the rangefinder for the Type 54 anti-aircraft machinegun (copy of the Soviet DShKM). Yours is dated 1965.

DKSH-Sights-3-rotated.jpg.453d3a41e6c8b980c9fa1a260a05d4a4.jpg

#2 is for the " Anti-3 Type" (反-3式) anti tank grenade which is an improved version of the Soviet RKG-3 which is much larger than a fragmentation grenade.

Anti-3.png.b46555c432e4dc49d01507ff391fd2de.png

#3 Is for the cleaning and maintenance tools for the Type 54 anti-aircraft machinegun. The long protrusion on the bottom is for the cleaning rod in 3 segments clipped together side by side. Yours is dated 1970