WWI British uniform and kit - "1917"

One of my side collections is seeking out and collecting Movie Props and memorabilia from War movies, I get to display them in my shop and even the non military people we get in always seem to be drawn to them. so I was really excited to add this one to my collection. - from the recent award winning film "1917". Regardless of what people may think of the movie itself, I thought that they did a pretty good job on the "kit and clobber" interestingly the helmet is made of plastic, and I read that they made them 8% larger to make up for the visual size difference in people today vs. them. Hope you like it!

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

17.jpg

That is very nice FWW repro movie kit. I like the repro uniforms in 1917 and think that they look accurate enough to place on a mannequin. Here is an image of a 90% original set of 1908 Pattern Web with Dismounted Messtin and I think it will give you an idea of how the Bayonet and Helve Carrier are attached to each other.

post-185685-0-41622600-1584293333_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting. The movie from my point was just an " nice" adventure movie....hardware was lacking. The British army had 33 million grenades issued to them, more common in the trenches than rifles.post-185414-0-00420200-1584296295_thumb.jpeg

Very nice! Looks great on the mannequin. I also collect movie memorabilia, not avidly but have picked up a few items when I've come across them. I have two RAF Battle dress (Suits Aircrew) from the 1942 movie "Eagle Squadron". A RAF P32 life vest from "Pearl Harbor", an HBT uniform costume from "The Great Raid" and a resin M1 Garand from "Saving Private Ryan". Would love to see more of your movie memorabilia collection.

There is a fellow that sets up just across from my tables at SOS that sells movie uniforms. He does a brisk business and these outfits are not cheap. Apparently he got them via a storage locker cleanout buy and has been researching and selling them ever since.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, kammo-man said:

I asked that guy about his fake movie uniforms he blew a gasket as most were 100 % garbage
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard that same opinion of originality expressed by others kammo-man.  Movie props are not in my area of interest so I only repeated what he had said about them in conversation with others across the aisle.  Just another good example that you should know what you are buying and you should buy the item and not the story.

He had tiger stripes from apoc now that were tiger stripe products from the late 1980s so bad I talked to him and within 1 minute it was clear he was a Martian living in dream land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintageproductions

I have had a few people buy stuff from him and then come show us for opinions. When we are done pointing out what is wrong with each piece they are not usually very happy.