Jagerschaft forks - real or replica?

paveu27

Hi All and I'm sorry - I could not find appropriate category, perhaps someone can help ?

Bought something similar in the past and now wonder - aren't those laser engraved in modern times ?

See attached.

Thanks everyone !

post-196783-0-09891900-1585430614_thumb.jpg

post-196783-0-42514500-1585430632_thumb.jpg

Jack the Collector

The fact that the underside has a great deal of wear and the top side does not is sending up a red flag. Does the underside of the spoon have the sane wear on the "bowl" portion as well?

Jack the Collector

I wish I could be more definitive.Style looks correct,form looks correct,that wear on the cartouche makes me a bit undecided....possibly intentionally obliterated?

The Jagerschaft etching looks like it may be postwar photo etched on old forks from what I can see. It is certainly quite different from the worn stamped maker markings and/or hand engraved initials on the back. Not for me I am afraid.

Thank you All! You are all very kind. How about these?

(bought it already, now unsure what to think....were sold as originals).

post-196783-0-75669800-1585753954_thumb.jpg

post-196783-0-00835100-1585753961_thumb.jpg

I do not think so.
The spoons and the logo of the Henneberg company are already original.
But please, how could someone have produced something if the German Air Force dropped tons of bombs on Warsaw.
In 1936, the production of stainless steel cutlery began under the "Nikora" brand; the new product segment developed very successfully. [1] In 1938, 160 workers were employed. 90% of the factory was destroyed during the Second World War. Nationalization and reconstruction followed. In January 1965 the company was merged with the former Józef Fraget factory to form Warszawska Fabryka Platerów HEFRA (= HEnnebergFRAget).

This factory was owned by Germans, RAD existed since 1934, so perhaps by affiliation they have made some silverware for RAD?

Just trying to deny being fooled by another nazi stuff forgers ;)

Those jaegerschaft and RAD symbols look like made with same technology, not sure what to think, any other silverware I have has any symbols just hard pressed into it.

Actually someone confirmed on another forum those RAD spoons are original, just cant find it right now.