"The Race To The Channel"

ArtyScout

On 6/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, ArtyScout said:

Well I got the cottage built and weathered. I really didn't want the cottage looking like the box art, but it did, except for the door and window trim. Believe me the house will have a different color scheme. I also was able to put a sewer drain in the base. Next is the ground foliage, tree, iron fence and then onto the big house. Enjoy the pics.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200614_211106.jpg

resized_20200614_211514.jpg

resized_20200614_211710.jpg

That is just wonderful!  

Thanks for the comments fellas. Now I did the tree and grass area. Not my best tree, but it works. As for the groundwork I'm letting it dry and if I have to I'll add some static grass. But I'm happy with it and the iron fence. I really did not want a wooden fence here. Now for the big house. Enjoy the pics.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200619_002625.jpg

resized_20200619_002648.jpg

resized_20200619_002743.jpg

Thanks Lars. FYI, I did NOT make the tree myself although I know how to. I was fortunate enough to have one in my parts box and I put it to use. I did have to paint and weather it to make it look like a real tree and I intend to even tone the trunk colors down a little more when I start putting this diorama together. I began on the big house and I'm also adding a street lamp and road sign.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Dennis. This has been a long and stressful week for me so I haven't done much work, except for today. I'm only posting the lamp post but believe me, today I did some work on the big house and the route sign. So next post they'll be some more pics. BTW the lamp post has not been glued there permanently yet. Although that's where its going to wind up. LOL

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200627_214123.jpg

Proud Kraut

Hope you have the chance to calm down my friend. At least you added a very nice detail to your base. Well, if I do look at it again...I´m thinking of a dog....

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha, thanks Lars, I seem to have a dog in my parts box or in a figures box somewhere. Lets see how I feel about a dog. I did get this one sign post done. I haven't done much work, although I'm looking forward to finishing up the big house and putting it all together.I do need to repair my spray booth, so I can get back to the fun. Now the "Dunkirk" and km decals are great but I thought Tamiya messed up. But I'm not going to go crazy about it. But if this is northern France and I'm heading towards Dunkirk, the decal should have been written as "Dunkerque". but I checked on Google Maps and it seems like both spellings are acceptable. I'll live with it. I'll weather the sign and put it in its place.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200708_230923.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All;

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile. But I was having problems with my spray paint booth. Well I have the house painted. Now to put it together and weather it, put it on the diorama along with the rest of the other parts and I hope to be done with that soon. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200724_004750.jpg

resized_20200724_004834.jpg

resized_20200724_004859.jpg

Well its finally done. The roof on the big house gave me some fits but its done. I was thinking about putting some grass along the building edge, but I'm still mulling it. I'll probably put some more pics up later since I only took the pics from two angles. All comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. I think my next project will take me into the post-Korea Cold War M41 Walker Bulldog.

Semper Fi

Manny

resized_20200726_222111.jpg

resized_20200726_221949.jpg

resized_20200726_221852.jpg

resized_20200726_221832.jpg

Proud Kraut

Excellent dio Manny! You did a superb job on the houses and the small garden, they are a perfect background for the advancing vehicles. According to the "Race" title a very dynamic and realistic street scene. That´s how a perfect dio should look like. WELL DONE!

Proud Kraut

This is our first pinned topic in the WMF modeling section. It´s a perfect tutorial how to build an excellent dio step by step. Thanks Manny!

Well thank you all for your comments and thank you Lars for pinning this post as a tutorial. I'm honored and touched.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you Dennis & Mikie for your comments. I was debating about putting up some more pics. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All, I noticed that ALL my pics were frontal view, so I'm adding some rear view pictures.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200728_133529.jpg

resized_20200728_133603.jpg

resized_20200728_133545.jpg

resized_20200728_203554.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, ArtyScout said:

I've started my next diorama. It's titled "The Race to the Channel". It depicts the Rommel's 7th Pz. Division under as it races toward Dunkirk in 1940. The first part I've made is the BMW motorcycle. I still have to add the MG-34 machine gun and the soldiers and also to add some weathering. As always all comments and critiques are welcome.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-188374-0-92355500-1586030124_thumb.jpg

post-188374-0-31995900-1586030137_thumb.jpg

Awesome!