Kriegsmarine patches: large framed collection

Bob Hudson

I count over 60 of these pieces held on to the backing by straight pins. One vertical row has all metal pieces.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Were these kind of patches faked?

Here's the backside of some that were loose:

6.jpg

Rakkasan187

A great collection of trade badges and insignia. It is surprising that the trade insignia of the Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe and in some cases Heer don't get the recognition they deserve. Some have said that these are not as collectible as other TR insignia but I have several of these as they are relatively inexpensive and there seems to be a great abundance of these around.

I have never seen reproductions of these and this collection here appears to be all authentic TR period insignia based on the backing from what I am seeing as compared to all the other originals I have seen or have in my collection of KM insignia.

A nice grouping that I would have no issues adding to my collection.

Leigh

Jack the Collector

I must implore everyone to know that there are re-pops of some rates & sleeve insignia and it started in 1947 by one company.They are not hard to spot though....smaller roundel and thinner embroidery. Here is some examples in this thread.....

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/316007-collection-of-tr-patches/

Bob,I need to put on a bib before I read you post!! great group.

• 1 year later...