Strassenbahn (tram) photos a plenty.

Jack the Collector

Jack the Collector

Back in 1993, at MAX show I found a dealer with a broken photo album.The album was a Strassenbahn album......I can't tell you how much it angers me to see albums butchered to get the big bucks for one or two photos!!I bought all the remaining photos....here they are and there is a bunch.If there is writing on the back I will show it.First one is a large format 5x7.

IMG_20200409_0002.jpg

Jack the Collector
51 minutes ago, SARGE said:

Very neat photos of a seldom seen uniform and insignia.  

Thanks,some of the insignia  can be found,the complete uniforms are almost nonexistent.I have not even scratched the surface yet with the amount of photos I have of the Strassenbahn.

IMG_20200414_0011.jpg

Jack the Collector

Back with more,I believe the Crest is for the city of Dresden.Dresden history makes you wonder her fate.Any German members feel free to correct me on the Crest.

IMG_20200415_0001.jpg

Proud Kraut

Excellent pictures, thanks for sharing! Jack, you are right, it´s the crest of Dresden. Do you know the text of the cuff titles visible on some pictures?

I find these photos most interesting.  The headgear is quite interesting in that the peaked caps worn by the men mostly have the winged tram insignia at the top like the blue deutscher Eisenbahn peaked caps have their winged wheel train insignia on the top of their caps.  The tram guys wear a cockade below that but it may be a Nationale or a Dresden or a Saxon cockade I suppose.  The DB wore a blue Schirmmutze with a single red/white/black national (Nationale) on the band below the winged wheel with the 1933 regulations.  Earlier 1926 regulations dictated a state cockade was to be worn between the winged wheel insignia and the national cockade which was black/red/gold/black in 1926.  In the pictures there is a male and female standing in front of Tram 24 wearing two cockades per this earlier 1926 regulation.  Perhaps an old timer who was still wearing his early cap or just someone who was issued an earlier used cap?  I also noticed a male standing between two females who had only one cockade and no winged tram insignia above it.  

Verrry Interesting...

Hello ! Nice photos, I will add a little tidbit of information, some of the women in the photographs are wearing the 'KHD' badge.

This badge was worn by young women serving in the RADwJ's Kriegshilfsdienst (KHD), a half-year extension of labor service duty proper that was spent working in some capacity that directly or indirectly contributed to the war effort. (For example with public health/welfare services, the armaments industry, public transportation and communicatIon, clerical work for the armed forces etc.)

The badge was typically worn on civilian clothing or - if applicable - the specific duty clothing/uniform that went with that occupation, for example, in case of the railways or postal service. 

6-3-25-302 ott 09-1 hairpin wien Januar 1943 - kopie.jpg

6-3-25-313 ott 26-1 kiel - kopie.jpg