Werkschutz KS98 Bayonet

SARGE

Gents,

I thought I would show an example of a Factory Protection Police (Werkschutz) bayonet that came to me out of the woodwork as a "bring-back".  This is a private purchase (Extra-Seitengewehr) made by Tiger and sold to the factory to issue out to its Werkschutz personnel along with their uniforms and firearms.  The nickel plated bayonet is a rather standard style of short KS98 worn for dress that will not attach to a rifle.  The bayonet is property marked on the reverse guard, had this black frog and this all green police Troddel when I bought it from the picker who got it "as is" from the veteran who brought it back.  

The bayonet reverse guard is property marked "K&M 15" which stands for Kupfer und Messingwerke AG, Becker & Co. Langenberg, Rheinland.  This factory was a maker of fuse and ammunition components according to John Walter, "German Military Letter Codes"  Their wartime letter code was "bc".  

K&M bayo.JPG

K&M bayo close.JPG

Thanks guys.  Here is a pix of the Werkshutz sleeve insignia.  This is the officer version of the insignia made with aluminum wire instead of thread.  

Werkschutz tunic insignia.JPG