TR bayonets & HJ knife

Luke66

Hi, i post here some images of my small collection of TR blades: three K98 bayonets and a HJ knife last version with non magnetic metal guard.

The three blades in the firsts photo are in my possession but not the last one that lays in US waiting for a friend on mine that came in Europe for work.

More detailed infos by experts are welcome

IMG_8192_Light.jpg

IMG_8193_Lighta.jpg

K98.jpg

Luka,

Your bayonet with the stag grip is a long bladed KS98 private purchase (Extra-Seitengewehr) fir walking out dress.  A very nice extra cost (with the stag grips) option for other ranks.  Short blades were meant for NCOs and Officers.  Your other bayonet is an item of issue S84/98 that has been plated.  Probably plated postwar as a GI souvenir or for use as a guard unit bayonet,

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks SARGE for you infos.

I continue to post the images to better confirm your identification:

Here's the K98 bayo with bakelite handle, complete with frog

IMG_8197_Light.jpg

IMG_6611_Light.jpg

... there's any mark on the blade, but there's a mark on the frog backside, tha's seem to me: L.L.G. Solingen or L.L.C. Solingen,

what do you think about it?

IMG_6621_Light_a.jpg

IMG_6613_Light_a.jpg

I continue this topic with other two TR daggers that are not original but copies:

a SS high uniform dagger that i bought many years ago when i was 20y.o. at the begin of the '80, and the other one a German trench dagger, a model i like so much, an item i bought last year as an original one, but i was refund when i demostrate it was copy, very well made but still a copy

IMG_8210_Light.jpg

IMG_8211_Light.jpg

Your plated S84/98 is a postwar plated item of issue bayonet just as I thought.  These were originally issued with a blue or phosphate coating so any plating was not done at the factory.

Your Marto made SS dagger is from the 60s or 70s so these often have some age on them when found today.  The grip eagle with a topknot is a give-away for this Spanish maker.  Another tell tale feature is the very distinct ridge on the blade and the slightly offset etched motto on the obverse.  These are early enough fakes that I see them sell for a couple of hundred dollars as a reproduction today.  

Your Imperial trench knife has fooled many a collector.  It is a well made copy and these fakes typically show some artificial ageing and grunge.  I have also seen the ageing gone a little overboard with sharpening and scratching of the blade and dents in the wooden hilt and scabbard.  The scammers spent a lot of time on these and they were made to fool collectors.  

Your HJ dagger is of course the real deal.

Thanks for showing.