An early post ww2 era couple of edged weapons

Luke66

Here's a couple russian edged weapons dated of early years post ww2:

an AKM Klashnikov assault rifle bayo 1st type, produced from 1960 to 1964. I think it was the first ever model producrd with the system to cut wires between the blade and the shealth.

It incorporated a number of features, making for an incredibly versatile bayonet. The one-piece molded plastic grip & pommel; and stainless steel blade made the bayonet impervious to rust and rot. The unfullered clip-point blade had sawteeth along the spine. The steel scabbard body had a lug at the point that engaged a window cut into the blade, so that bayonet and scabbard could be combined as a wirecutter. The scabbard body had a rubber insulator, making it safe to cut electrified wire.

The other one is a Russian Airborne Army troops VDV Parachute knife, developed in '50's. Tooth saw convex shape blade on both sides, bakelite handle and a plastic shealth ti be sewed on the uniform.

It still have a piece of oiled protecting paper om the blade.

A nice knife for me.

measures in centimeters

IMG_E8234_Light.jpg

IMG_E8235_Light.jpg

Very nice!

Have a look at the DDR Paratrooper knife.  The similarity is obvious.

Maybe you can help me with identifying this bayonet. I can not remember where/ when I bought it, but at least 10 years ago, most probably from a gun show. From memory, I thought it was Russian or Polish. The only markings are as seen, " DH0842" electro scribed on the cross guard and scabbard. Identical to yours except for coloring. image.jpeg.6701abd286e0bf9fd6b97c50b8654d35.jpeg

3 hours ago, 917601 said:

Maybe you can help me with identifying this bayonet. I can not remember where/ when I bought it, but at least 10 years ago, most probably from a gun show. From memory, I thought it was Russian or Polish. The only markings are as seen, " DH0842" electro scribed on the cross guard and scabbard. Identical to yours except for coloring.

HI,

the color of the rubber insulator it's different from mine, but it'e the same model.

For what i know, both are the first model for the AKM Kalashnikov, tha was preceded only by the model built for the AK47 Kalashnikov assault rifle. The AKM vas introducer to URRS Army in 1959 and was an improved and semplified version of the AK47, for a cheaper mass production.

That's my source on info for that bayo:

AKM Bayo_Screenshot_2020-04-24 Bayonets of Russia.png