A few of my goodies

shemp h.

Morning Gents, I recently posted photos of some of my Japanese collection on two other forums, so I thought I would share them with you guys.Thanks for looking and stay healthy!

Bill

IMG_20200426_074641_246.JPG

IMG_20200426_083647_967.JPG

IMG_20200426_081222_560.JPG

IMG_20200426_081045_678.JPG

IMG_20200426_074738_311.JPG

IMG_20200426_082451_805.JPG

IMG_20200426_082755_746.JPG

Very nice!

I have never seen the khaki Naval jumper before.  Can you tell us more about this item?

33 minutes ago, SARGE said:

Very nice!

I have never seen the khaki Naval jumper before.  Can you tell us more about this item?

Thanks Gents,I don't really know,this is the only one I've ever had in hand so I grabbed it, I've been told it was a type of work shirt and I've never seen a photo of it being worn with the white undershirt with the blue stripe, I've also been told they were worn by Petty Officers.If anyone has any ideas please let us know. 

Bill

Especially like the navy gear! Green pullover isn't a jumper but a work tunic. Jumpers came in white ( for summer) & black for winter. They had detachable collars. There was an extremely rare SNLF model jumper that was in green

3 minutes ago, St.Lukas said:

Especially like the navy gear! Green pullover isn't a jumper but a work tunic. Jumpers came in white ( for summer) & black for winter. They had detachable collars. There was an extremely rare SNLF model jumper that was in green

Do you have any photos of the green SNLF jumper?

Bill

No. I don't own one. Never saw one nor do I know of any in collections in US. I have seen them worn in black & white period photos. Some believe they were originally white jumpers that were dyed.They are the "holy grail" of SNLF tunics including officer's green tunic that took shoulder boards.

1 hour ago, St.Lukas said:

No. I don't own one. Never saw one nor do I know of any in collections in US. I have seen them worn in black & white period photos. Some believe they were originally white jumpers that were dyed.They are the "holy grail" of SNLF tunics including officer's green tunic that took shoulder boards.

This jumper had a depot tag in it originally and you can still see the outline holes and some bits of thread  but was removed and the spot were it was now has an ink depot stamp, I'm assuming it was a reissue.

Bill 

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, SARGE said:

Very nice!

i sent a picture to a guy who knows more about japanese navy stuff than anyone i know. if anyone knows he will

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Leo said:

That’s an amazing collection my friend one I would be very proud to have. Also the display is excellent

Well done and Merry Christmas Shemp H

Thank you Leo, and I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy and healthy New Year 🎉

Bill

You have a great collection, the pieces are in excellent condition.  Thanks for posting the photos.  It is very interesting  to see the color variations side by side.  

On 12/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, Old Marine said:

You have a great collection, the pieces are in excellent condition.  Thanks for posting the photos.  It is very interesting  to see the color variations side by side.  

Thank you O.M. and a Happy New Year, I would love to see some the other Japanese goodies out there!

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...