TAG DER ARBEIT Maker Database

Gwar

Hello guy's , I am starting a database of the makers that produced the 1935 Tag der Arbeit tinnie, any help by adding  the maker you have in your collection would be great and a reference for future collectors of these. A brief description, The Tag der Arbeit 1935. Introduced in 1933, the NSDAP declared May 1st the “Day of National Work” as an official state holiday to celebrate laborers and the working classes. It is constructed out of a die struck aluminum-alloy base that has been silver washed with burnished highlights. The oval shaped obverse depicts three men; one man has a sledgehammer over his shoulder, one has a scroll in his hands and the other has a sheaf of wheat lying over his forearm. These men are below an arched: “Tag Der Arbeit” (Labor Day) and above a national eagle, with outstretched wings clutching a wreathed swastika within its talons, that is flanked by “1935” (19 ‐ left, 35- right). 

Please post the reverse only to avoid overkill and the RZM M9 number is not necessary as I will add them to the database, if there are enough post's I will share the findings in a spreadsheet or other way so all can view the information. I will start, Christian Bauer, Welzheim M9/117

Tag A A.jpg

1. Mai, 1935 ?

Wächter &  Lange, Mittweida i. SA

Jörgum  & Trefz, Frankfurt a. M.

Deschler & Sohn, München 9

Gebrüder Fest, Hanau

Rakkasan187

Here are a few from my collection.. Sorry no pictures at the moment:

Alex. Wollram Jun. Dessau

O W (A chalice in between the letters O and W, Schwab.Gmund

Fechler Bernsbach/SA.

Hoffstatter, Bonn

G. Danner Muhlhausen TH.

Leigh

Thanks Rakkasan187 for the contribution, when you have a spare moment could you possible post pics of the reverse of Wollram and Fechler for me ? I would like to keep pics in order to preserve the integrity of this subject.. By the way, did you get a promotion other Forum ? Anyway, here is where we are here..

Screenshot (291).png

Rakkasan187

Hey Gwar,,

Yes I got a promotion to librarian on the other forum..

Here are the photos you requested..

1. Wollram

2. Fechler

Here are the backs of the others,, just for posterity sake..

3. OW with Chalice 

4. Hoffstatter

5. G. Danner

Smitty 

Alex Wollram (1).jpg

Fechler.jpg

Swabash Gmund1.jpg

Hoffstater.jpg

Mulhausen.jpg

Paul Merkens, Düsseldorf

Dr. Franke & Co, G.M.B.H. Lüdenscheid

Ernst Scheiter, Eibenstock

Heinrich Vogt, Pforzheim

Danner, Mühlhausen Th.

Robinson, Oberstein / Nahe

Overhoff CIE, Lüdenscheid

Adolf Besson, Schwäb. Gmünd

Voss & Co, Essen

Ossenberg - Engels, Iserlohn

R. Sieper Söhne, Lüdenscheid

Here's the back of mine.

Looks like:       M. Nett

Furth i. B.

Hope this helps!

20200504_212922a.JPG

14 minutes ago, Gwar said:

Thor996, Thanks for posting ! G

you're welcome. Are you going to catalog any other tinnies? I have a few and would be happy to assist. '

dave

Thor996 (Dave) I am not sure, The Tag Der Arbeit 34' perhaps, but those seem to be marked using mostly non RZM makers codes which isn't a big deal, and there is plenty to learn from them, as far as obscure makers.. One thing I have noticed in studying the 35' version is that some makers did not have a M9 license or the information is missing and that they may have relied on other permissions ie; M4 and M5 etc; license to produce such pieces under the radar so to speak..

Here is where we are so far, I may have made some mistakes in spelling or RZM number allocation and if so please leave a comment and I will review and or make corrections based on your input. The RZM list I am using has mistakes as well and I have used the actual names of the producers and added some common / uncommon names they may have manufactured under. The list contains 98.9% verified makers and I have examples of those makers if their is a dispute to actual production. I hope the attached pics come out in the order they were placed.G

Screenshot (410).png

Screenshot (411).png

Screenshot (412).png

Screenshot (414).png

Rakkasan187

Gwar,

I was looking through some more of my TR items and came across another Maker/hallmark..

This is actually in my son's collection of tinnies..

This one is maker marked REDO SAARLOUIS

I didn't see this one in your database yet..

Leigh

REDO 1.jpg

REDO 2.jpg