Unknown Metal Nazi Eagle

bryang

I'm sorry if this is posted in the incorrect place - I wasn't sure where else to post this.

I somehow ended up with this about 40 years ago, or so, as a teenage collector.  However, I'm not really sure what this thing is.  Its metal, and pretty hefty for its size.  The size is roughly 11 inches high, by around 12 or 13 inches in length (tip of the wings).

Is it authentic or fake.  If real, what would this have been?  Is it something which would have been on a building or gate, or an awkward paper weight?

I appreciate opinions on this thing.

P1010029a.JPG

P1010030a.JPG

Hello, to my knowledge these were supposed wall plaques with different configurations, they are still in circulation and the consensus is cast fake for the majority of these found if not all..

pix1685186093.jpg

pix1685186015.jpg

d 008.jpg

The photos you've posted look like an item which would have been hung up or affixed to something, while mine has a solid back which doesn't really lend itself to being hung up or attached to anything. 

I have mentioned SEVERAL types of configuration, these were for a desk placement.. the fakers have cashed in and made cast fakes of these.. here is a genuine one. Wait for others .. I believe the one you have shown in ANY configuration is bad. Just look at the quality..

DSCN2188.jpg

DSCN2189.jpg

DSCN2187.jpg

I agree with Gwar.  These have been around since the 1960s and I have always considered them to be sand cast fakes.  No detail, no mounting hardware, no functionality.