Hillersleben 1945 – Sd.Kfz. 553 “KAISERKAEFER”

Proud Kraut

I think the Halftrack would be more correct, the Scoutcar wasn't really in use much anymore by the US forces around this time, although the British forces still had them in good numbers.

Proud Kraut

Thank you all for your kind feedback guys! Today I airbrushed the Kaiserkaefer & Goliaths wit Vallejo medium olive (RAL 6003). This is the color that was introduced by the Wehrmacht in January 1945.

KK37.jpg

Proud Kraut

I did first trials with a selfmade template to create a futuristic camo design but failed. I have to restart.

KK43.jpg

KK44.jpg

OK I'm liking the camo scheme so far. Are you going for the red brown camo lines too?

Semper Fi.

Manny

It could be the pic but the Rotbraun stripes seem very faint... How about trying primer red? That was also used in late-(actual)war camo so this would be an interesting evolution of that scheme?

Proud Kraut

You made a good point guys, thanks! I painted over the dark brown stripes with "hull red".

KK48.jpg

It looks cool. I was referring to the "Hull Red" as added camo lines. But I like what you did.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Kaiserkaefer-day. Painting details (it hasn´t a lot) some acrylic color washes and a decent weathering of the KK. The feet were made muddy with pigments. I`m thinking of some more details like antennas.

KK54.jpg

KK55.jpg

KK56.jpg

KK57.jpg

Very nice weathering on the KK and the Goliaths. This is really coming along nicely.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...

This is wonderfully weird, I like it a lot.  You've done a great job, the paint and weathering is perfect.  I am looking forward to seeing the diorama.  Great work Lars.