Rheinland-Pfalz Police

SARGE

Gents,

I thought I would put up a thread on the Rheinland-Pfalz Gendarmerie and Polizei.  Here are tunics from both agencies showing orange piped shoulder boards for the rural Gendarmerie and green piped shoulder boards for the municipal Polizei.  Both tunics were made in police green cloth but the German Police has switched back to blue uniforms in recent years so these are now obsolete.  The Walther Polizei Pistol (PP) is in 7.65 mm and is property marked to the Rheinland-Pfalz police.  The Geco ammunition is full metal jacket (FMJ) but many German Police agencies use lead bullets as well.  

RP PP on uniforms.JPG

RP PP on unif close.JPG

RP PP on patches.JPG

RP PP on patch L.JPG

2 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Sarge, an extraordinary police ensemble from my home region, thanks very much for sharing!

I thought you might like it.  😉

I am sure quite a few misbehaving GI's may have encountered this uniform!

I remember reading a GI story about the night that him and his inebriated comrades were carrying on acting wild and crazy in front of the city hall in Baumholder.

A jeep with four MP's came by and told them to knock it off, and they just hurled insults at them and carried on with their antics.

Later, a lone Polezei walked up, with a submachine gun slung over his shoulder, and a very keen eyed German Shephard.

After wishing the troops a "Good evening" he told them "I think you boys need to behave."

Their response... "Yes sir.  Thank you."  

And that was that.

Proud Kraut

Gil, I´m sure it was rather the shepard than the Polizist the GI´s responded to. I have seen these shepards in action, it was quite impressive, lol.