Sign in to follow this  
PeterSuciu

On Facebook, History Can Violate Community Standards

I know there is a lot of debate about how Facebook has banned the showing of certain symbols, and recently I found myself in violation of "community standards" for simply sharing a link to a story I wrote for The National Interest on how Germany could have won WWII. It was curious that an article could violate community standards, so I wrote a follow-up piece for Forbes.com:

On Facebook, History Can Violate Community Standards

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2020/05/22/on-facebook-history-can-violate-community-standards/

I spoke with academic experts, tech analysts that cover social media and a Facebook groups moderator to discuss this topic. I wanted to share as I thought some collectors might find this an interesting read. I of course have shared it on Facebook, so let's see if this story also violates community standards! 

Peter thank your for that incite in the Forbes article. George Orwell must be laughing and saying I told you so! It astounds me that so many humans on this planet are so weak of character that history and historical artifacts offend them.