Kriegsmarine Laundry Leaves Me Hanging

mikie

I have 2 ex US sailor buddies that I like to give odd and/or funny navy related items for gag Christmas presents.  I found these Kriegsmarine clothes pins and thought they'd be perfect. Anyone else see these things before?  They were new to me. 

I've looked but can't find any photos of German sailors doing laundry or hanging clothes.  I'm hoping someone here  wants to come clean and share some photos you may have.  

Thanks for looking!

Mikie

K C Pins.jpg

I ran into a seller on ebay that was selling these about 3 months ago. He had a full box of them. Im not buying the authenticity on them as why would they mark laundry clips? But the Germans were known to do weird things...so...who knows???

1 hour ago, daskrieg said:

I ran into a seller on ebay that was selling these about 3 months ago. He had a full box of them. Im not buying the authenticity on them as why would they mark laundry clips? But the Germans were known to do weird things...so...who knows???

Sounds like the guy I bought them from.  I asked him about them and he said the same thing about the markings.  They are just odd enough, and at only about 7 bucks, they were cheap enough to give them a shot.  They are the kind of thing I would pass on and a year later find out all about them and kick myself for not grabbing them.  Oh well, if fake, i can always use them to hang out my socks.  

Mikie

It is possible they were used for something other than laundry pins.  Perhaps to hold a piece of equipment open?

For what it's worth, here are some pictures of the labels from the box the pins came out of.  I can't read German but maybe someone here can translate.  

Thanks! 

Mikie

KCP Label 2.jpg

KCP label 1.jpg

Well, the names of very mundane thing are always much more impressive  in German!  I suppose the box label seals the deal on this one.

Proud Kraut

+1 -  The translation of the label is:

Deutsches Reich Patent Clothspins

Approved for Army and Navy

Factory H. Iwenhoefel - Varel

Thanks for the translation!  Google's translation of angenommern didn't seem to make a lot of sense.  But does now with a little bit of brain stretching. 

Mikie 

13 hours ago, gwb123 said:

Well, the names of very mundane thing are always much more impressive  in German!  I suppose the box label seals the deal on this one.

Yeah, and they usually sound a lot sexier in French! 

Mikie