Luftwaffe Blood order winner?

Jack the Collector

Jack the Collector

Opinions encouraged.A recent trade brought me this photo.I have only just began examining and will check Blood Order recipients list in the next day or two.I traded for it simply because of the possible Blood Order ,at first I thought the top badge was a gold party badge,but the more I examined it the more I think it is a bit to large to be such.There isn't writing on the back........BTW American members,I picked up a neat little gadget  at Walmart called Mighty Sight.They are magnifying glasses with built in LED lights that are rechargeable.Very handy and hands free for examinations.

IMG_20200629_0001.jpg

What a neat photograph.

It looks like a Blood Order ribbon to me.  Correctly worn in the right-hand breast pocket flap.  I don't know any other award ribbon that was worn in this manner.  The top badge on the left-hand pocket looks like the large size Golden Party badge to me.  Worn above an Iron Cross Ist Class and above a Sports badge perhaps.  A very nice cap as well.

Jack the Collector
On 6/30/2020 at 10:36 AM, SARGE said:

What a neat photograph.

It looks like a Blood Order ribbon to me.  Correctly worn in the right-hand breast pocket flap.  I don't know any other award ribbon that was worn in this manner.  The top badge on the left-hand pocket looks like the large size Golden Party badge to me.  Worn above an Iron Cross Ist Class and above a Sports badge perhaps.  A very nice cap as well.

I agree those were my first thoughts when I first laid eyes on this photo.My knowledge of WW1 awards is basically nil,but I seem to recall there was a WW1 ribbon worn in the same fashion?

• 1 year later...
Jack the Collector

Strange this old world.Last week a collector in Georgia contacted me about some photos he is selling.Call it kismet,karma or just dumb luck,look what he had.The photo I posted to start the thread I bought from a dealer in California BTW.

IMG_20210712_0001.jpg

IMG_20210712_0002.jpg