Nice Artillery Waffenrock

ww1collector1

ww1collector1

Figure I’d post this one. The rock has loops for 3 awards, from the positioning I’d say a IC 1st, wound badge, and general assault badge. Opinions? 

5ACC6D88-5D9B-4F5B-9A8A-01054ED9675C.jpeg

Skysoldier80

What are the loops for the ribbon bar?  Is this private purchased or depot issued?You have to remember two possible options for these early 1935 uniforms: 1) some were upgraded throughout the war while others were not (because they hung in a closet after no longer authorized in 1940) and 2) Some Just remained in the closet after 1940.

With that being said I would say your observation it is a possibility.  Just thinking of rank and 1940 being finally worn; it would look neat with an General Assault Badge, SA Sports Badge, DRL Sports Badge or it would look good with a GAB, Wound Badge, and one of the two sports badges.

I am thinking you have two horizontal loops close together which would most likely be a Long Service Medal and maybe a Sudentenland Medal.

The case with collectors is adding too many crazy awards on their uniforms.  I have a M36 Sr Pionier NCO with  EKII button ribbon and one set of badge loops and I only added a DRL Sports Badge.  I suppose it could be a Black Wound Badge or a GAB, but I try to keep things in perspective on my uniforms.

Proud Kraut

Very nice Waffenrock. I would like to add that according to regulations the shooting award (Schuetzenschnur) should be attached the following way: Upper portion attached to a small button under the right epaulette close to the sleeve seem. Bottom portion attached to the second front button from above. No red flag here. I once got a similar uniform with a Schuetzenschnur attached the same way to the uniform by the veteran´s family members.

Schützenschnur.jpeg

ww1collector1

No small button under the board, so, I will pull it off. My father sent all of this home for my oldest cousin to play with! Has been in storage since he sent it home. My aunt wouldn’t let him play with any of it! My cousin turns 89 this year, so, I ended up getting it back! lol

• 2 years later...

Your Schutzenschnur (marksmanship lanyard) is a Grade 9 - there were 12 Grades in total.

Proud Kraut is correct in that the lanyard should be secured under the right shoulder strap by a small button near the shoulder seam.  However, as with much of the Third Reich, there are exceptions. I have seen period photos with the lanyard positioned just like the one on your tunic.

Lanyards12.jpg