Help with an ID this Japanese WW2 Item

Escapeguy

I have a small cotton bag with Japanese characters and a pair of crossed cannons stamped on it.  Inside were seven small bakelite threaded plugs.  Picked up at an estate sale many years ago.  I was told by the Seller these were a Vet pick up from Attu Island during WW2.  Another buyer at the sale stated he thought they were protective plugs for Japanese antiaircraft rounds.  They were removed and the fuses screwed in.  Can anyone confirm that?  They measure about 20mm at the widest point and about 33mm long.  Thanks in advance for your help.

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

They are indeed protective plugs for various sized rounds.  They were removed when fuses were inserted.  I'm sure someone will be along to tell you what size round these might have been used for.  I have a few for a Type 89 knee mortar round that are much smaller in size.

Thanks for the translation.  I think these are probably way to small for a 75 mm shell.  They only measure about 5/8" across at the threads and about 3/4" across at the end.  Total length end to end about 1 1/4"  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, Rod said:

The bag says Type 41 Mountain Gun, so I assume the plugs are for 75mm artillery shells.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_41_75_mm_mountain_gun

The bag is a powder bad for the Type 41 Mountain Gun. It was full of the powder that was poured into the shell and then the round was seated into the shell. The primer was then inserted into the shell then the protective plug was removed. That is what all the plugs were for. Then the fuse was screwed into the top. The shell was then ready to be fired.

kaydee