Chinese Executive/Marshall Headquarters

Hsin C.

Created in January 11, 1946, it was an organization to help the United States, Nationalist Chinese government (ROC), and Chinese Communists (CCP) to mediate post war peace. General Marshall represented the US side. The three rings represented each one. I know that the CCP made their own version of the pin, but it is almost similar to the US/ROC version.

I find it odd to have seen these labeled as WWII or CBI theater related. Should it be? I know these things aren't cheap, but will listing it as WWII will help drive up the prices? I collect a lot of Chinese items, but even so many people have led me to believe it is WWII related. Eventually, I found that the patch and the US/中國 pin were post war. The HQ pin is even dated Jan. 1946 (一月三十五年)on the reverse too. Would I have not bought it as a result? Not really since it is part of Chinese modern history and I collect items from the Qing dynasty to modern.

Unpopular opinion time: I think this mission was one of the first failed disasters in US diplomacy post WWII.

Pictured are HQ items that I have. I believe the vet was the one who placed the Good Conduct ribbon on the pin as I bought it like that. I didn't pay for a lot and it was before all the crazy prices the last few years.

hq.jpg.11747704d87559b93cbb4c3df187dce5.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Rich.

Here is the reverse photo. I wrote the words wrong as I was going by memory.

"三十五年一月" Which is "January of the 35th year (1946)". Like I said, it shouldn't be labeled as WWII or CBI as the Japanese already surrendered by then. 

1282856059_ScreenShot2022-03-29at6_24_00PM.png.18384bb890f251bce024c787b2ddf26e.png