Recent photos purchase from collector liquidation.

Jack the Collector

Jack the Collector

As I have stated in a couple of other threads,I have been privileged to buy from a collector I have dealt with for 40 years who is selling entire collection.Instead of creating a large number of threads I am going to post the photos here unless they are of a great significance.Some    of these have a cool factor others just tickled my fancy.First up is a set of DRK officer,all are dated May 1941 on the back.

IMG_20200821_0002.jpg

IMG_20200821_0003.jpg

IMG_20200821_0004.jpg

IMG_20200821_0005.jpg

Jack the Collector

Time for more,I have bought just over 200 photos and or paper items from this collection.Next up a nice shot of a dirigible can't see the LZ number to know which it is.

IMG_20200828_0002.jpg

Caption of BDM Gruppenfuehrer picture is: "Resi und Elli im Einsatzlager im Osten".

BDM/HJ caption is tough to read. Seems most words are missing the last letter: Some kind of greetings from a godchild to her godmother as far as I understand.

The picture of the Lw NCO is my favourite, thanks for sharing!

Nice RAD photo, the man with the striped trousers is a Generalarbeitsfuhrer, if he is checking on his Arbeitsgau XVIII Niedersachsen-Ost Gruppe, it could be GAF Wagner, the traditions badge came in two patterns, the first being a solid, heavier with four prongs and then a hollow version that had a pin attachment. An overall great assortment of period photographs and I look forward to more of what you have purchased. G

100_7880.JPG

100_9465.JPG

100_9463.JPG

Jack the Collector

Thanks everyone,

11 hours ago, Gwar said:

the traditions badge came in two patterns, the first being a solid, heavier with four prongs and then a hollow version that had a pin attachment. An overall great assortment of period photographs and I look forward to more of what you have purchased. G

Gwar your knowledge of the RAD is telling me you may specialize in that?If so I would love to see some of your goodies.I have never been focused on the RAD.When I started the RAD did not intrigue me and I kick myself now because it was so cheap to buy and I did not.My focus was on the DRK,NSDAP,Reichsbahn and HJ/BDM.So that is the bulk of my collection,I have picked up RAD along the way.

Jack the Collector, yes my studies include the Reichsarbeitsdienst, that is and has been my focus for several years now, I started with buckles, I owned at one time over 150 RAD buckles, some mint and very scarce / unseen.. Then I began to collect photos,  tunics, etc; I love the rich history that sometimes can be found in a simple black and white photo. I will post up some things soon.. G