RMS Empress of Britain Teaspoon?

I am new to the forum, but not to the military -- I am a Gulf War Army veteran. I recently came across a silverplate teaspoon made by the British company Mappin & Webb. From what understand, Mappin & Webb originated in 1780 and is still in business today, making silverware for the Crown, among others. I believe my teaspoon may have come from the RMS Empress of Britain, a cruise liner built around 1930. As was the case with many civilian ships during WWII, the Empress was used as a military transport ship. The ship was ultimately sunk by the German submarine U-32 on October 28, 1940. It was in the process of being towed back after being attacked two days earlier by a German Condor long range bomber. There were rumors it was carrying gold from Britain to the US to help pay off war debt. I believe the ship was salvaged -- not sure if any gold was found or not.

The spoon is very worn -- all that is left of EMPRESS appears to be the EM at the beginning and SS at the end. There is a crown at the tip of the handle and EMPRESS would be under it. I will attach photos. I'm curious if anyone in the forum has an opinion on the spoon. I know it's just a teaspoon, but I think the history of the ship is interesting.

Regards,

Dave

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG