Fake RADwJ Armshields

Gwar

Today I would like to share with you the Aermel badge of the female labour service better known as RADwJ, RADwJ stands for Reichsarbeitsdienst der weibliche Jugend (Labor Service of the Reich for the Female Youth / German Third Reich)
These were used in identifying the GAU Districts of each 'Bezirk' or group based on location by a numbering system using Roman Numerals, by the end of the war there were at least 34 Bezirks. They all have the same characteristics except the number.

An original plate describing the new Aermelabzeichen and the tanslation..
Aermel badge of the labour service for the female youth.  The symbol is pre-emanating. which we see as a new badge of the labour service for the female, youth, the design was made by the painter and graphic artist Ergon Jantke. The midfield is brown

jrea.jpg

Placed in the center between known original examples is the fake, it should be easy to spot the difference in material alone, the 'Fake' is more of a Rayon-Nylon type material and not close to the original cotton.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.png

Jack the Collector

I think this is a very good posting especially for the newer collectors.Good concise information!Thank you for not bringing up the UV light,I believe to many collectors put too much reliance on them for determining fakes.

• 9 months later...