The Internet Gods Have Been Good To Me!

Fred Borgmann

Fred Borgmann

The internet gods have been good to me!  In the last two months I have been able to add three more locally issued German Franco Prussian War service medals to my collection at reasonable prices.  The first is a silver medal from Kitzingen, Bavaria. This medal came from a German coin dealer which would not be unexpected.  The second medal in bronze was issued by the city of Hamburg, Germany in December 1870 as a Christmas gift for the wounded soldiers in the large military hospitals located in Hamburg.  This medal was sold by a coin dealer in the Czech Republic. This location is not much of a surprise since it is a neighboring country of Germany and coin dealers do get around.  The third medal in silver was issued by Lichtenfels also in Bavaria.  This medal was sold on eBay by someone in Serbia.  I don’t know if he is a dealer or just a collector  but getting this medal from distant Serbia amazes me. At first I was a bit slow to accept this modern world of computers and credit cards but as a collector I am really getting to like this.

Germany 3medals286 - Copy.jpg

Germany 3medals285 - Copy.jpg