German uniform stitchery

"ok here is the visor that came with tunic. has this set always been together? i do not think we could ever 100% say yes or no. i will post pay book next." 

Jeeplover,

You have a nice NCO rank Pioneer Mutze but it does not match the Officer tunic so these would not have been worn together.  The cap may match the Pionieer Soldbuch but the Soldbuch does not match the tunic.  The soldier described in the book was a NCO with his highest rank of Sergeant not a 1st Lt. (Oberleutnant).  So not a complete grouping it seems.  

I hope this is helpful.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

1 hour ago, SARGE said:

"ok here is the visor that came with tunic. has this set always been together? i do not think we could ever 100% say yes or no. i will post pay book next." 

Jeeplover,

You have a nice NCO rank Pioneer Mutze but it does not match the Officer tunic so these would not have been worn together.  The cap may match the Pionieer Soldbuch but the Soldbuch does not match the tunic.  The soldier described in the book was a NCO with his highest rank of Sergeant not a 1st Lt. (Oberleutnant).  So not a complete grouping it seems.  

I hope this is helpful.

there was some hope it did but it is not a disappointment i love this uniform it will be with me for awhile . i have had it a few years now just looking for a house for my stuff then i can set him up. thank you for looking sorry for stealing the thread.

Sarge, I really appreciate that you are sharing your knowledge here!

I´m adding another uniform that was donated anonymously so I do not have any further informations of the soldier. It´s a Waffenrock, Unteroffizier, Kavallerie Schuetzen-Regiment 4. The uniform came with the Schirmmuetze and some more insignia. In accordance with the topic´s theme I`m posting some close-ups of the  stiched medal loops. I would like to ask if the wear of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz and 4-years service Dienstmedaille are correct this way? Please let me know your thoughts about this uniform.

SR1.jpg

SR2.jpg

SR3.jpg

SR4.jpg

SR5.jpg

SR6.jpg

SR7.jpg

I did some research on this unit and found out that it was formed of elements of Schuetzen-Regiment 2 among other units. Interestingly there was a single pointed (elder) Schulterklappe of a Schuetzen-Regiment 2 Unteroffizier with the grouping. Obviously Herr Unteroffizier served in both units.

SR8.jpg

Proud Kraut,

This is a very good example of a parade dress Waffenrock.  Yes, all of the awards are worn correctly in this configuration.  The Heer Long Service medal is fixed on a parade mount and worn on two horizontal loops.  The KVK I with Swords is proper for the two vertical loops.  And, the Heer Marksmanship award is worn on the button fixed underneath the right shoulder board and the cord is affixed to the 2nd button on the front of the tunic.  The loops are made in the form that I normally see from good tailors and the full award (not the ribbon bar) are the way these awards should be worn on the Waffenrock by regulations.  

The early pointed removable shoulder board has proper flat stitch embroidery making up the red "S" and the "2" unlike the padded "Dress" style yellow embroidery seen on the dress tunic.  You can also see the difference in the NCO Tresse with a dull grey plain pattern on the Schuetzen-Regiment 2 boards compared to the more elaborate pattern seen on the Kavallerie-Schuetzen Regiment 4 boards.  Also, notice the even more elaborate pattern Tresse on the cuffs and collar of the Waffenrock.  The bullion Officer style eagle in either flat wire or this aluminum wire embroidery style could be worn by NCOs on the Waffenrock.  

Everything looks exactly as it should IMHO.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson