Self Propelled Howitzer Sd.Kfz 135/1 - 1/35 Scale

Proud Kraut

Just a quick update. I´m still working on the hull. Many small parts, lots of filling and sanding. The SdKfz doesn´t look very attractive at the moment.

10.jpg

This will be my first Afrika Korps model for a long time. I did some research concerning the camo colors and learned that this is a real science. First I have applied dark grey primer. Before I´ll airbrush the desert camo I have prepared the SdKfz with Blue Tack and masking tape.

12.jpg

13.jpg

As I said, Afrika Korps camo pattern colors are a science. I ordered a set of 6 airbrush colors by Vallejo (DAK Colors) 1941-44 and a second one with British colors for the next project.

14.jpg

You’re making good progress.  It’s coming along  nicely.  The masking technique is very interesting.  Like Manny said you’ were in luck to find those figures.  I am having a tough time finding new figures and kits.  A lot of the Tamiya, DML and other kits are out of stock indefinitely.

Thanks Dennis! Same over here but with DRAGON models, so my impression but I could be wrong.

Masking removed, much more work to do.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Yesterday the Howitzer received a coat of matt varnish and buff color airbrush "fogging". Finally I applied MIG "Gulf War Desert" pigments to give it a dusty look. So I think it´s complete. I don´t know if it will be part of a dio. Meanwhile I received some new models and new projects are next in line. At least I´ll stay in the desert, then on the opposite side....

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

I want to echo Dennis' response regarding the dusting overspray and the pigments. He looks like he's in Libya.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 years later...