Please Identify Unknown Collar Insignia

AirMechanic

Can anyone identify this pin? It appears to be a tulip or rose in a wreath. This was found on a black US made military style dress shirt as a pair on the collar, with silver buttons that seem to match the same symbol as the pin. I believe it may be Navy related. Any help is appreciated!

D96C98A7-83B8-4F66-B2A2-D905F98BDD64.jpeg

If you found this on a US uniform shirt you might look at USN Naval Construction officer insignia.  

Northcutt Navy group.JPG

Northcutt Navy Constructor cuff.JPG

The USN insignia is two leaves and an acorn the one in question is as stated a thistle, a traditional Scottish emblem. It could be military or more likely a tourist item.

A photo of the back to see how it is attached and one of the shirt itself might help identify it.

• 1 year later...

It could possibly be a 9th (Scottish) Division formation sign badge from the Great War, or 9th (Highland) Infantry Division from World War 2 though both would be worn on a blue background. If it was it should have lugs on the back.

I thought it might be a collar badge for a British Scottish regiment.  The London Scottish regiment has one very similar but it is more "flat" or wider and has a scroll under it.  I don't have a book on this subject.  I googled for British or Canadian regiments.  Surprising that many have bears, boars or complicated wreaths and not the thistle.  

Collar Badge or "collar dogs".

752090048_Scottishregt.JPG.b742fc4ec7a2fd36a3812de85850d990.JPG

I'm basing it on the design as there's no size information in the original post, without knowing the measurements other than it doesn't look big like a cap badge, for example, shape and design is all I could go on. There is a chance it's not military at all, given the silver buttons mentioned, and is for a pipe band or somesuch.

I think I found it.

British Scottish Regiment/Band Sporran Badge

Chrome 

Two Prong attachments.  Size:  Height = 32mm  Width 30mm

Link to a close eBay sale:  Scottish Regiment Sporran Badge

I found a cloth bullion collar for an Officer of Royal Regiment of Scotland.  Maybe they had a metal one but their badge had a crown over it.

I also found a Thistle cap badge 1 X 1 Inch that was identified as non-military Celtic badge or Balmoral badge for kilts---which I find odd.  
Also found one worn by the 79th New York but it seemed to have wider leaves.

Need the size of the pin.  

There's enough new information for the original poster to make further investigations which is the main thing. I have to say the original post's photograph does seem to have prongs rather than lugs which would discount it being military and the size you quote seems about right.