Rhodesian Special Air Service insignia

Gunslinger

To start the post, here are a few pieces of SAS insignias from the Bush War with most dating between 1960s/80

Service & Combat Dress Parachutist wings, Central Africa Command flash, Officers Bullion & O/Rs Beret badges, bi-color Beret and Collar badges

BC20EB6A-8D85-4A34-A60D-B2DCD488D868.jpeg.6a4f87096fabfc7272e0eed3413ed45b.jpeg

CDub

Lovely badges! Are the dress wings on dark blue or green backing?

here’s another cloth one 

This beret was worn by Tpr. McCabe 1965.

37F8D4E1-F69F-4CE0-AD35-2EBCF59045C4.png.88e46d16126e19058268b7c7a57bb12e.png

Nice items! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the insignia on the beret attributed to Tpr. McCabe British SAS? Rhodesian SAS insignia of this type typically has horizontal background stitching in the scroll.

15 hours ago, Kadet said:

Nice items! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the insignia on the beret attributed to Tpr. McCabe British SAS? Rhodesian SAS insignia of this type typically has horizontal background stitching in the scroll.

Rhodesian issue,Rhodesian worn, but all the international Squadrons wore British made badges up to at least the late 70s. Most Commonwealth Countries used U.K.(and Pakistan) cap badge makers.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:28 AM, Kadet said:

Majority of Rhodesian insignia were produced in the UK prior to 1960s UDI period, the only exception would be locally made (ie. Theatre made) items.

CDub