Help ID this Soviet Submariner pin

stratasfan

Hi, Guys! Wondering if anyone can help me on this one! :) What is the diamond-shaped pin? What does it mean and how would I go about looking it up? Thanks!

image.png

Elizabeth,

The diamond shaped pin is usually represents a school badge or academy badge which was awarded to graduates of that institution.  The design on the badge indicates the particular school or academy.  I can not tell what the design is from this photo.

An internet search for 'USSR school badges' or 'USSR academy badges' will bring up several 'for sale' type sites which show many examples and give additional information on the specific badges.

Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable members can give you more information on these.

Hope this helps!

Larry

Elizabeth,

Here is the East German version of the academy graduation badge.  In this case it is for the higher Volkspolizei Academy.

DDR VP Col academy badge.JPG

Thanks! No idea of them wearing graduation badges! That's different! I'll have to see if I can get a screengrab from the Blu-Ray disc of the movie. I'll post it! Thanks for the help! Super interesting!