Fake WW2 Hungarian Master Paratrooper Badge on eBay

Tonomachi

Since there are already 29 bids at $236.83 with five days to go I thought I would warn forum members not to bid on this piece as it is a copy.  It does not match known original badges a few of which have surfaced over the years.  The odds of locating a real one is very low due to what I've read that only 23 were ever issued.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Hungarian-Paratrooper-Troops-Badge-WW-2/303768295365?hash=item46ba0057c5:g:QxMAAOSwIwtfsRAi

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

The bidding on this badge ended recently with 35 bids amongst 8 collectors.  The ending price was $335.00.  I have attached an older article regarding these fakes that were produced in Hungary.  They initially had bogus hallmarks which it would appear they stopped using and are producing them without any hallmarks like the one pictured above.

Hungary - Fake Article - A.jpg

Hungary - Fake Article - B.jpg

• 2 years later...

Another fake Hungarian paratrooper wing up for bid on Ebay.  It is currently up to $122.50 with 12 bids.  There is an image of a genuine Hungarian paratrooper wearing an original wing but of course you can't make out any details that this wing will have that the copies do not.  There is no mention if this is a period photograph that comes with this wing or maybe a scan they found in archives.   My guess is that this image is helping bidders decide (hoping) that this is an original badge which it is not.  One of the things folks are missing with this specific wing and the one in the photo is the lack of piercings or cuts between the shroud lines of the parachute that the one in the photo lacks.   Original wings were made both ways and there are copies made both ways as well.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304712464264?hash=item46f2473788:g:T7QAAOSw0qFjfQFr&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4Pwpmo0zCffYSp0iR9IKOz1v3p%2BdUowUpyFj6xFVm3yO89WnWVquotgL7hnzLYET%2B9AtGX2EcWLk8qPOPvYSJ204tRjqb44zDXePZfGXU8Bn%2BjcAl45tRa8G3xvo9I2rdeTBF%2FEZ4NmZLHXzArqol%2FjMmXD%2BKbDwEw4xDid2KxrCmcX%2FFQPAp7z2JMOjrsAwJsRmQsgtE1J6stqGmZDWHqO1PqnoXvMMKV6tHdR2H2cvRdhuj03bGcfUjgn0QV4uH0%2BqoKcGtDg9f1jkNm6EFPA03Np4NXtVeDpJrPoyM1QJ|tkp%3ABk9SR_TVi7SXYQ

Fake Hungarian Para Wing Budapest Hallmark (1).png

Fake Hungarian Para Wing Budapest Hallmark (2).png

Fake Hungarian Para Wing Budapest Hallmark (1).jpg

Hungary Wing Photo.jpg