Who Tows Wins

Proud Kraut

Thank you very much for your nice words, guys!  I´m still working on the chassis. I learned that this is an incredible detailed kit, but tough to build. Definitely not for beginners. The chassis and motor contain of not less than 92 parts including many PE parts w/o the wheels! Here´s what I have so far.

wtw 14.jpg

wtw 15.jpg

Wow, this kit looks like it will put you thru the paces. But the work you've done so far looks great. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny! At the moment I´m working on the body and the crane. It will definitely need much time to complete this kit.

wtw 16.jpg

I have started the driver´s cab. Very detailed with many PE parts (please notice the gearbox). I can´t remember building a more detailed 1/35 kit in the past so I was even more surprised that the front doors aren´t separate parts. Finally I had to cut them off, too bad.

WTW 17.jpg

Lots of work to do in the house so not much time for modeling last week. Before I´ll start the final assembly the Scammell received a coat of primer.

wtw 19.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Lots of problems with the correct masking. Finally I decided to paint on the camo pattern. I used Vallejo Black Grey (71.055). I also started to apply pigments (MIG Gulf War Sand). Still have to add some of the details, cables, accessories etc. and the decals of course.

WTW 22.jpg

WTW 23.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Thank you! Still working on the Scammell. Small parts, interior etc. I will add decals and pigments for a more dusty look the next days.

WTW 24.jpg

WTW 25.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

As you can see I improved my workplace. Here´s the Chevrolet after it was air brushed still in the spray booth.

WTW 30.jpg

WTW 31.jpg

Proud Kraut

Here´s a picture of the Chevrolet after the color has dried. And yes, it´s pink - "UK Desert Pink" / Vallejo 71.400.

wtw 32.jpg