Who Tows Wins

Proud Kraut

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

The base was painted with Tamiya "Dark Yellow - TS-3" spray color.

wtw60.jpg

Because it turned out a little bit too dark I added some layers of desert sand pigments and Vallejo "light stone" airbrush color. Here´s the base finished with cover removed from the frame and vehicles.

wtw61.jpg

One more picture.

wtw62.jpg

OK as I scrolled down to see the pics, the sand seemed to be getting lighter. So, your work has definitely paid off. That is some very excellent groundwork. I love the wheels of the truck getting stuck in the sand and the weathering is outstanding. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Thanks very much, guys! I´m working on the dio again and intend on finishig it within the next week. I´m still painting & weathering the Jeep and the figures.

wtw64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

There are still a few things to do, e.g. painting the frame of the dio and adding some minor details but I think I´m done now. Here are some final pictures of the dio including some close-ups of the Chevy, the Jeep and of course the "Champagne-Cognac-Negotiation". Thanks for looking and thank you all for your kind feedback!

wtw70.jpg

wtw71.jpg

wtw72.jpg

wtw73.jpg

wtw79.jpg

wtw80.jpg

wtw81.jpg

wtw82.jpg

wtw83.jpg

wtw84.jpg

wtw85.jpg

wtw86.jpg

wtw91.jpg

wtw92.jpg

wtw93.jpg

wtw94.jpg

Great diorama. Excellent desert groundwork and I'll bet this will be the last time that they park that 'heavy Chevy' off the road in the soft Saharan sand. At least they have what it takes to dig it out. I like the look of the road and the vehicle weathering. Outstanding!

Semper Fi.

Manny