ID on possible British Uniform(s) please

AlanT

I am wondering if anyone can identify the uniform or uniforms being worn in this photo please. Someone has told me they look British, possibly Royal Artillery but are not certain. Any help in identifying them would be be much appreciated. I found this photo in my fathers belongings but don't recognise any of the faces, so I am hoping a uniform ID my help my research. Many thanks in advance.

49_Vivid_ful.jpg

They look to be Commonwealth uniforms of some type.

Do you know your father's service history?  That might help.

It's interesting to see the young woman posing with them.

My guess is 1938 to 1940 a Royal Artillery or Royal Horse Artillery unit as the soldier on the right is dressed for riding, the Staff Sergeant kneeling on the right has a field gun badge with his rank. The two standing in the centre are in the 1922 pattern uniform and their collar badges are a flaming grenade, these uniforms were worn by some soldiers for a few years after the adoption of the  Battle dress Uniform worn by the rest. Some wear white lanyards on the right shoulder a common practice amongst Gunners. Some of this party is on a work detail of some type as they are in shirt sleeve order and one soldier has rubber Wellington gum boots on.
the only other Country this could be is New Zealand, the unit would still be artillery.

hope this helps 

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the two replies (Tony/Kia kaha & gwb123).

My father was in the Royal Artillery and I have recently obtained his service record. Although he is definitely not in the photo they could be friends/colleagues/same unit from comments made. I will investigate further.

Alan