Copper Tag? Attached to Japanese Belt

Otter42

The mans name was Miyasaka 宮坂  (surname) Yoshitaka 芳孝 (given name)

The other side is a patriotic slogan Zanchuuhoukoku 盡忠報国 Upmost Loyalty to Country

Hi Ken I hope you had a nice Christmas, your belt looks like one of the many different types of military physical training belts for all ranks

Bill

Not that there couldn't be more than one person with that name but the characters are the same. 

Sold for $150 in 2017. Sounds kind of cheap for Senninbari x 3 (only one of which is attributed to Miyasaka) 

DESCRIPTION

A group of three Senninbari with personal photographs. ++ A very long Senninbari and Senninriki cloth with items inside pockets. Items include: a picture of a woman, an Omamuri from Yasukuni shrine, a dried mushroom. Also having 2 coins sewn onto the Senninbari. Kanji inside shows that this Senninbari were prepared by the Fujin Kei association. 6 5/8" x 102". ++ A Senninbari belonged to Miyasaka Yoshitaka. Includes a picture of Miyasaka on left and younger brother on the right. ++ A Sennibari that belonged to Sato Teruo. Having Buddhist protection scripture and his parents' fingerprints. Left side Kanji reads "Dai Nippon Aomoriken Hirosakishi" (Greater Japan Aomori Prefecture Hirosaki city) and Satou Teruo's name. Photograph is included, possibly Teruo and his father. 42" x 6 1/2".From the Japanese Militaria and Art Collection of John Woodall.

CONDITION

In the absence of a condition statement does not indicate that the lot is in perfect condition, free from damage or does not show wear consistent with age and use. Quinn’s Auction Galleries recommends you request a condition report prior to bidding. Condition information may be obtained via email at info@quinnsacution.com or phone. Falls Church office: 703-532-5632. Please note that condition statements are given as a courtesy to clients and an opinion of condition should not be treated as a statement of fact. Quinn’s Auction Galleries bears no responsibility for any error or omission

55868578_7_x.jpg

55868578_8_x.jpg

On 12/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Otter42 said:

Bill, 

So this belt wouldn't had been used in combat? Thanks for you info. Ken

There were many different types of wide belts worn by officers but what I can see from your one photo I would say no.Here are a few of my belts,the one on top is for an NCO the two bottom belts are for officer, you'll notice the set up for a sword and loops for map case, etc.

Bill

IMG_20190120_123229646.jpg

Ken I forgot to mention that the six sided hexagon on the bottom belt to to right, is a leather pocket that would probably contain the officers dog tag. Happy New Year

Bill