Japanese Type 94 and holster

RAB

WWII Japanese Type 94 pistol and holster, got pistol at a gun show and gave seller my info if he found a holster for it and right when I got in my car and was going to leave he calls me and tells me someone sold him this holster so I went back to pick it up, talk about good timing. No history on either piece.

DSCF7903.JPG.d273a407e1a7b0268a7bd2cca668d080.JPGDSCF7901.JPG.fe16f65fa1e8978d6b00ad34e2c86134.JPGDSCF7902.JPG.9e27c7589fff5931d9773931f70942e6.JPG

• 9 months later...

What a neat old pistol and story on the holster too!  Have you shot it or plan on doing so?

I picked up  this 1945 dated pistol at a gun show a couple years ago for $185. Finish was removed and the homemade wood grips added. Other than a good cleaning and adding all new springs, I got it running and ran three magazines of ammo thru it. Cleaned it up again and then put it in a shadow box .

I'll shoot it again when I get the urge!

Kim

IMG_20210319_110625374~2.jpg

On 10/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, kfields said:

What a neat old pistol and story on the holster too!  Have you shot it or plan on doing so?

I picked up  this 1945 dated pistol at a gun show a couple years ago for $185. Finish was removed and the homemade wood grips added. Other than a good cleaning and adding all new springs, I got it running and ran three magazines of ammo thru it. Cleaned it up again and then put it in a shadow box .

I'll shoot it again when I get the urge!

Kim

IMG_20210319_110625374~2.jpg

Nice piece, I dont really plan on shooting mine but might one day, it appears to be fully operational, but mainly just got it for the collection to display and such.

Fortunes Of War

Hey Kim-

I really like your pistol; I also have to admit that it's eye catching with the finish removed.  Cool piece!  By the way: Isn't the Type 94 the one that can be fired by pressing the side of the receiver, rather than pulling the trigger?

Fortunes Of War

Thank you for passing that informaton along.  I wonder how many people discovered that over the years to their chagrin!