My Incomplete COBI Panzer I

Proud Kraut

Another Cobi model was on my christmas wish list this year again. I was happy when I found this Panzer I model under the christmas tree. When building the tank I unfortunately noticed that several parts were missing (yes, I tripple-checked the box and the plastic bags). I completed the tank as far as possible to ID all missing parts, finally 27. As you can see the most important missing parts were several wheels.

I contacted Cobi´s support online and received an automatic response. Hope to get the missing parts soon.

Pz1a.jpg

Pz1b.jpg

Pz1c.jpg

Drat!  I've got one of those waiting to be built. Hopefully this did not affect all Panzer I kits.

I am working on a Cobi Cold War T-72M.

Due to modern streamlining of tank design, the T-72 is proving to be a bit boring.  It doesn't have all those odd details of WWII vehicles.  But since it is from my time in uniform, I thought I should have one in the collection.  I will post a photo later.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad it worked out Lars.

I just opened my copy of this kit, and the first thing I did was count the road wheels!  Sure enough, they were all there.

Now I just have to see if I have everything else!

I must say the COBI service was very quick. I filled an online form and sent a picture of the cunstruction manual with the missing parts marked. Received the missing parts after two weeks and that´s okay for me.

On one of the countless brick related sites I have seen that COBI is to release a Fairchild A10 kit. I think this will be one of my next models.

Now I hope that your Pz I is complete.

• 8 months later...