My Old Model Kits I Built

patches

Going through some old photos I had while looking for something completely different, I came across these photos I took at the spur of the moment before going off to my Fathers retirement party at a local tavern's side room, this being way back in July 1992, all these kits were built by me in the 80s, except one, the  one where the infantry are on the back of a vehicle, that one I built way back shorty after Christmas 1978, got the vehicle as a Christmas present, it was a Tamiya Stug III and got the figures shorty thereafter on my own. had them jammed on top of my dresser drawer .1654933445_emoticonsmile.png.f938bf0c6fdc98d2254b675d9bb5a741.png

Not the greatest as we see as i did it real fast as I was set to leave for the party, and said why not.

This is of course that ESCI 1/9 Scale Grenadier kit, built this one in 1985, I just painted the insignia on the uniform rather than use those decals it came with, I only used the Eagle helmet decal. the Rifles Sling, it was poly sheeting right, you had to cut it into strips I recall. and the rifle's muzzle was a bit to long so I clipped it to it's proper size. I made this one a Jaeger, and painted insignia on the sides of the stand, the 97th Jaeger Division as we see.

(Those are my Dog Tags with my P-38 Can Operer hang in the background I mentioned on USMF a few times that I still had, don't know for the life of me I did with them, probably gave them to a chick one night LOL)

eshi0002.jpg

eshii.jpg

s-00.jpg

And this Traffic jam on my dresser top 421765366_emoticonlaugh.png.4770ee6532c5f399d234f224caa7d89e.png

The Stug III I did as mentioned in December 78, painted it Panzer Grey as one of the Panzer Lehr during The Battle of the Bulge and put the Howitzer 105mm barrel on it, painted the Panzer Lehr L by hand there on front and rear, the figures were a combination of the Tamiya Flak crew kit, just the figures, and ESCI's Nebelwefer kit, both that were in winter uniforms. The Panthers there are Tamiya Panther A and I think an Hasagawa Panther G or was it Nichimo!, did these so long ago that on one of them I took the tip from Military Modeler Magazine and made the Zimmerit from Green Putty and a razor Saw 421765366_emoticonlaugh.png.4770ee6532c5f399d234f224caa7d89e.png The other ones that can be seen, are 222 Armored Car and 250 Halftrack, both Tamiya with the Halfrtack being that 250 Rommel Greif one, just out of view, is a Tamiya 251 with that Tamiya Waffen SS figures. Except for the Stug III and the two panthers, I still got these kits, though I repainted them long time ago, and used the Waffen SS figueas for another project.

eshiii.jpg

Cool pictures. This Esci 1/9 scale models were awesome. I think I have had the BMW with sidecar but never had the Grenadier. Very well done, thanks for sharing these memories!