Cz27 East German Police Pistol

SARGE

Gents,

This is a circa 1946 Czech Model Cz27 7,65mm Soviet Zone Berlin Police pistol.  This pistol was manufactured in Czechoslovakia during the war under German occupation when the manufacturer markings became “fnh” late in the war.  This late war phosphate finished Volkspolizei pistol was issued to the postwar Soviet Zone Berlin Police after 1945.  Notice the Volkspolizei Armory in Suhl inspection marking of a numbered shield within a star on the trigger guard.  Also notice the Berlin Police star on the front grip strap along with Soviet Zone of Occupation markings on the grip strap.  Joint occupation authorities deemed the reconstituted German Police could only use foreign made firearms during this time period.  

'

VP Cz27.JPG

VP Cz27 left.JPG

VP Cz27 VP proof.JPG

VP Cz27 prop stamp.JPG

VP Cz27 holster.JPG

Thanks for the kudos Rich.  You know, the German Police utilized these occupation made pistols as well and the postwar East- and West-German Polizei.  They are good little Czech pistols that continued in postwar service.  

• 1 month later...

Now that is quite an uncommon find !! You are indeed correct that they continued to utilize anything that was still serviceable well hoop until they began domestic manufacturer of their own Makarov pistols. I'm still crying over parting with mine when I was talked out of it by a co-worker.