DDR Collector Introduction

ehrentitle

I re-discovered this forum today.  I've been a member of the companion USMF site since 2007, and have collected US insignia since the 1970s.  I started collecting East German militaria in 1986 as a result of my service in the US Army Berlin Brigade and collected on an off during my military service.  I was a member of the Society of East German Militaria Collectors (SEGMC) for several years. My interest in East German collecting was renewed in 2003 when I retired from the Army, and after a few years I focused most of my East German collecting on NVA Fallschirmjäger and Volksmarine items.  Although I also have an attraction to collecting East German shoulder boards, badges, medals and other insignia. 

I look forward to exchanging information wth other collectors of East German militaria here. 

NVA Para FB Banner (5).JPG

Welcome aboard ehrentitle.  

My main interest is in East German law enforcement organizations such as the Volkspolizei.  You can be assured that DDR collecting has become mainstream when folks start producing reproductions and fakes.  You will find some like minded people here and I look forward to our discussions.

George Wheeler

Thanks George for the kind words.  I used to have a large VOPO / MdI collection of uniforms, equipment and books, but sold most of it off in the last two years as I narrowed my focus to military items.  But I did hold on to most of my VOPO insignia, for some reason I have a weakness for shoulder boards, collar tabs, and medals.

Kevin

Early KVP Devices.jpg

Early Vopo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...