"Awaiting Orders"

ArtyScout

Well I've begun the base along with a makeshift gutter, added the trees and waited for it to dry before I set and pressed the tanks into the muddy groundwork. Next to lighten up the groundwork and road and add the necessary grass and foliage to complete the base. All comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210315_221450.jpg

resized_20210316_232939.jpg

resized_20210316_233006.jpg

I know everyone is waiting for WIP reports or updates. Well here are a few early pics of the Panthers in their places. I put down plenty of foliage, but the tanks cover it up. Next I added the figures to see how they looked and I was extremely happy. More to follow. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210320_233037.jpg

resized_20210320_233135.jpg

resized_20210321_002551.jpg

resized_20210321_002645.jpg

Now with a background. Its early in the morning of June 6th and the Panzer Lehr Division have been receiving reports of Allied airborne drops and now they are receiving sporadic reports of battle near the Normandy beaches. But they await orders from Field Marshall von Rundstedt to move out; but von Rundstedt has orders that the Panzer reserves will NOT be brought forward without the Fuhrer's orders. So they are 'Awaiting Orders' while the Fuhrer sleeps. The rest is history. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. Back to the 'Nam for my next project. Enjoy.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210322_223941.jpg

resized_20210322_224018.jpg

resized_20210322_225119.jpg

resized_20210322_231749.jpg

Proud Kraut

+1  That´s an amazing project. Each of these Panthers could be the centerpiece of it´s own dio. What a difference of the pictures taken without and with the background, it looks super realistic. How did you do that?

P.S.: What is the English term for the guy looking out for enemy airplanes at the Panther far left, ("Luftraumspaeher") air warden?

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them very much. Hey Lars; according to my language translator a Luftraumspaeher is an 'airspace' air warden? As for the photos, I just Google background photos of the theater of operations, print them out and then set them up behind the finished diorama. The beauty of digital photography is that you can see instantly if it looks OK or not. Just like Dennis' 'Guadalcanal' diorama with the alligator.

Now I have to do a bit of spring cleaning in my work area. So its going to be a couple of days before I begin my next project.

Semper Fi.

Manny 

Proud Kraut

Yeah, air raid warden, thanks very much, Manny! You did an awesome job with the background photographs, very realistic!

Another great dio, Manny. Your vehicles always come out execellet. But your figures have that human touch. Nice of you to give the guys a break. They'll need the rest for what they'll soon be running into. 

Mikie

• 1 year later...