"Awaiting Orders"

ArtyScout

Hey guys, thanks for the comments; I appreciate them but there are a lot of fine modelers on this site which leave me in awe of their work too.

Dennis I love Archer Fine Transfers and they just put out "NEW" decals that actually have Nano thin backings and future products of NCF (No Clear Film) transfers that work as water slide decals. They might be a little tedious sometimes but when they go on they look like they were painted on. On the Panthers with the zimm, the balkenkreuz's  and white numbers are "zimmerit edged". AFT even took that into consideration. Check out their website at archertransfers.com. As for eliminating the silvering the only thing that really works for me is Testors Glosscote. You spray just enough to give you a shiny wet look where you're applying the decal and then let it dry. Decals don't adhere well to acrylic paints; that's why you get silvering. After the glosscote has dried then just work with the decals normally. If you need to put on some Micro Set or Micro Sol on the decal go right ahead. After the decals dry completely then I spray Testors Dullcote. Again I give it a nice wet look and then let it dry completely. I can honestly say that I get that painted on look on 98% of my work. I'll take that any day. lol. If there is any silvering I just lightly spray some more dullcote. BTW I didn't see any problems with your kettenkraftrad; the decals looked very good. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hey Guys,

Here are a few WIP pics of the figures. They were been primed and then I gave the faces and skins their colors. The figures are from Tamiya, Italeri and Warriors. I was pleased with the Tamiya figures. Warriors figures (which went out of business; I don't know why) speak for themselves. The Italeri figures were in my spares boxes and it was time to use them. As always, all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210208_224951.jpg

resized_20210209_000644.jpg

resized_20210209_000704.jpg

resized_20210209_000839.jpg

Hello All! Well I've done three (3) figures. They are the ones from Italeri's Tank Crew kit. Italeri makes great kits but their figures leave something to be desired. But I did my best. I also used Archer Fine Transfers for their uniforms, but I mixed up the procedure. Still they're not that bad. Now I'll be doing the Tamiya figures and I'm hoping for better results. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210216_000723.jpg

resized_20210216_000833.jpg

resized_20210216_002043.jpg

I was able to paint this figure that got glued accidentally into the tank hatch. I'll highlight the German eagle on his feldshmutze and call it a day.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210216_235938.jpg

Here are some more WIP pics of the figures that will be in the diorama. There are four (4) more to go. Here are four (4) more figures. I was pleasantly surprised with the detail on these figures from Tamiya. I added the Italeri figure with a jerrican. Next up will be one from MiniArt and three (3) from Warriors. Those are resin figures. I was blown away by Dennis' figures and dio's at the US Militaria forum. Kudos to him. Anyway enjoy and as always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210219_005609.jpg

resized_20210222_234030.jpg

resized_20210222_233821.jpg

resized_20210222_234108.jpg

resized_20210222_233850.jpg

great work on those figures Manny! I had to admit that I chuckled a bit when you "accidentally" glued that figure in the Panther hatch. Knowing that someone with as much modelling talent as you can still make a goof. Guys like me are thankful to just glue stuff together without leaving big glue fingerprints everywhere LOL.   Keep up the fantastic work!

Terry

Well I finally finished the last four figures. The pointing figure just needs his rank shoulder boards on his epaulets. That figure is from MiniArt while the other three tank crewmen are from Warriors. But now I can concentrate on the base, foliage, groundwork, tweaking and weathering and whatever little things I need to add. Enjoy.

Semper Fi.

Manny

P.S. HAHAHA! Unfortunately my pics couldn't be resized to under the required 251kbs except for the one from MiniArt. So I'll post that. If anyone is interested I'm also posting on the FineScale website if you want to see the other pics. Sorry.

resized_20210226_215033.jpg

I was going to post some pics of the base and scratchbuilt trees but I'm having a problem with the ben-majors resize program. I'll keep trying.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Well I'm going to try again. It seems like things are working again. I feel like eliminating a couple of branches on the trees and I'm trying to decide if the road or the rough will be higher. I'll probably go with the road, this way they won't flood. I also scratchbuilt/kitbashed a new tow cable. Enjoy.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210305_153106.jpg

resized_20210305_153129.jpg

resized_20210304_234244.jpg

resized_20210304_234354.jpg

Hello everyone;

I have some more WIP pics. I've been taking it easy, but I'm getting back to work and getting things done. Sometimes you just need to take a break and wait for that inspiration bug to hit you. lol. These are my first scratchbuilt trees since the palm trees in my Vietnam dioramas. I feel that trees are my weak point; but you have to keep doing it to get them to look right. Now I'll start on the groundwork and foliage and little by little the parts(ingredients) are getting done and they are all coming together. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210305_153106.jpg

resized_20210305_153129.jpg

resized_20210314_174836.jpg

resized_20210307_000741.jpg

resized_20210306_233031.jpg

resized_20210314_174510.jpg