CONFIRM L.G. ENTRY FOR UK MILITARY CROSS TO US WW1 OFFICER

Hello  Gentlemen,   

I fear that I am in need of some assistance on this one ! { RE: 1st LIEUTENANT Albert Orville RAYMOND, MEDICAL CORPS, U.S. ARMY, WW1 era. Hometown was; Brocktown, Massachusetts, USA. Born: 1889 / Died: 1955 } 

I've searched now for over 2 days, but no luck, other than a mention of the U.K. based 'Forces War Records' Site. They note he served as an Lieutenant, assigned to an Orthopaedic Unit, attached to the Royal Army  Medical Corps. No mention however about his being an American, and or being awarded the Military Cross ? His original M.C. Document does note his being 'attached to the 7th Battalion'. NOW, the truly sad part of all this is that I have already documented this M.C., & located the respective L.G. Reference data about a year or two ago !!! Do you think I can find it now, no !it I've looked all over for it. IIRC, the Gazette entry specified which 7th Battalion he served with, along with some related information. Only problem now is I just can't seem to perform an successful search for it !!! If anyone would PLEASE assist me in locating his particular L.G. Reference, I will truly be EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE. 

THANK YOU,   

Dom Pastore Jr.  /  dpast32@aol.com

Hi dpast32,

Unfortunately I cannot help with your search.  But just wanted you to know, (in case this is something hindering your search), that its Brockton MA not Brocktown MA.  Again no idea if that will help but thought I'd pass along.

THANKS Scarecrow, I appreciate your kind input. That misspelling must have been my auto-correct, which I truly HATE !! I know Mass quite well, as I only live one state over in R.I.. 

Best,   dpast32

He was gazetted as a Temporary Hon. Lieut. in the Royal Army Medical Corps in September 1917.

There is a UK WWI Medal Card for him, though it doesn't actually list medal received.

image.png

image.png

Great card La Suprema Muggins! 

The front of the card states that he was Chief Surgeon from the lists of Officers. The second line- Eligible for BWM. That says that he earned the British War Medal. Although eligibility for the BWM should have given him eligibility for the Victory Medal, I believe that there was an inter-allied agreement that soldiers and sailors would only be eligible for one Victory medal- the medal from the country that they served. 

Allan

THANK YOU Guys, very, very much for your kind replies, they are most appreciated. I am pleased to report that since Posting this here, I was fortunate enough to hit the jackpot so to speak over on the GMIC Forum. Between what I managed to dig up, & along with 'Trooper D' from the U.K., I'm relatively certain that we've found much of what's available out there. If anyone mis interested, let me know & I'll post the Thread Link here for you. THANKS AGAIN, I truly appreciate any & all replies !!

Best,   Dom P.  / dpast32