Unknown Bullion Naval Hat Insignia

Bamareb

Go to solution Solved by Gunner87,

Have searched around a while and can’t pinpoint this so wondering if any ideas from the experts here.  It is more like a patch/badge than a pin.  Measures about 2 inches by 2 inches.  The wreath and leaves have a bullion-type construction to it.  Any help appreciated.

8714CC18-BBE8-41ED-9071-87621241915F.jpeg

Helle Bamareb and welcome to the WMF!

Looks like a maritime hat insignia with the English St Georg´s cross on the left flag. I found a similar one labeled as "Merchant Navy Officer Peaked Cap Insignia" but I´m not sure if this is the right designation (if you search the net for "Merchant navy insignia" you´ll get all kind of different hits.) But maybe this could be a start for further researches.

Thanks—i searched through and that probably gets me in the right direction.  I have one with the crown over it but think this is not english....i do think european of some sort though.  I am gonna try that search with some different countries and see what else incan find.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 years later...
  • Solution
On 2/3/2021 at 1:50 AM, Bamareb said:

Have searched around a while and can’t pinpoint this so wondering if any ideas from the experts here.  It is more like a patch/badge than a pin.  Measures about 2 inches by 2 inches.  The wreath and leaves have a bullion-type construction to it.  Any help appreciated.

8714CC18-BBE8-41ED-9071-87621241915F.jpeg

Hello.

This is a cap badge from Aberdeen & Commonwealth Line. The house flags are the Shaw Savill & Albion Company Ltd and the Aberdeen & Commonwealth Line. Merchant Navy uniform: pattern 1956.

https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-72913

Gunner87

A77160FD-1255-4A32-B55B-C5767D858DE6_4_5005_c.jpeg