WWII Loyal Regiment named officer's uniform-Burma vet

I recently purchased this WWII uniform belonging to Capt C.R. Arthur, Esq who served with the Loyal Regiment in Burma. Both the jacket and the trousers are named to him. Both are also dated 15 Aug 1941. The uniform is in absolutely fantastic shape with only a few minor nicks here and there. I've been trying to get a better ID on Capt Arthur, at the least a full name for him. So far I've had no luck so if anyone could provide any assistance on some additional information on him it would be greatly appreciated. Since he served in Burma I'm assuming he was with either the 5th or 6th Territorial Battalions. From what I've been able to find those were the only two battalions in the Loyal Regiment to serve in Burma. The 5th Battalion apparently surrendered to the Japanese in Singapore in early 1942 and spent the rest of the war as POWs. It would be interesting to see if he was with them. The 6th Battalion served in India in operation against the Japanese and then in the Burma campaign in 1944 to the end of the war.

All I need to complete the uniform now is a cap and shirt (I've already got a spare tie). I know it's a slim chance but if anyone has an officer's visor cap with Loyal Regiment cap badge they'd be willing to sell please let me know! Even if you have a bare cap with no badges that would work too. 

20210226_154052.jpg

• 2 months later...
captainofthe7th

Great uniform.  Here is your man:

Cecil Robert ARTHUR (153323)

Comissioned 19 Oct 1940 into the Loyals; He shows promotion to Capt in 1952 but under Royal Army Ordnance Corps; He retired 31 August 1974.  Those are some of the basic Gazette entries.  The RAOC journal for August 1951 notes him coming from the Loyals.

From the 1970 journal of the RAOC:

893942311_ArthurRAOCGazettep4321970.jpeg.ef5355d6c7cbe0ad3fda5b67f21d1ee4.jpeg

And that was the last of my credits with the RLC website.  A very good resource that is a bit difficult to search, but a great archive:
https://www.rlcarchive.org/Welcome

Hope that helps.

Robert

Robert,

This is great information, thanks! It's definitely more than I had before! I'm just glad to have a full name for him. I had reached out to the Lanchashire Infantry Museum and they got back to me but unfortunately couldn't find much. All they were able to find was a mention of a Lt. C.R. Arthur attached to the Loyals in 1942 but no mention to a Capt, but this must be the same officer based off of the info you provided, since he was promoted after he left the Loyals. Thanks again!

-Mike