WWII tank or antitank pin? - French Motorized Infantry Badge (Insigne général des troupes motorisées)

tdog

Hello

Many years ago, I met a man who served as a paratrooper in WWII (82nd Airborne I believe) and gave me all sorts of cool things he brought back: American, German, and Soviet. Over the years I have tried to figure out what this pin is, using all manner of Google search terms but have not found anything like it. My suspicion is that it is British or Soviet, a tank or antitank badge, but no real idea so I am hoping some of you can help me. There is no writing on it that I can discern. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

(apologies - I cannot figure out why the site insists on loading the images upside down! I even rotated the original to be upside down to try and make it work right, but it did not work)

tank.jpg

tank2.jpg

Jack the Collector

I do not know what it is and am curious to know.I will say that pin assembly on the back doesn't  look like any ww2 German pin I have seen.But I have not seen it all either

Thanks Bob and Jack - Bob, that is impressive you found a match so quickly! That said, I originally posted this on the U.S. Militaria forum, and someone today said it's a French motorized-infantry badge, and doing a search on "Insigne général des troupes motorisées" produces a number of images of that pin, so it seems to be in fact French (and the Emedals site misidentifies it as Spanish): 

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/354396-wwii-tank-or-antitank-pin/&tab=comments#comment-2825263

Bob, thank you also for flipping those images - vexing I could not get them to upload properly.