WWI Uhlan Uniform

4th Miss Cav

4th Miss Cav

Just picked this up today.  My first WWI German uniform.  I know enough about these to be a danger to myself.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I can find no markings inside the uniform.  Epaulets I believe have the the monogram of the Kaiser.  Some minor mothing  but nothing terrible.

David

ger2.jpg

If the colored stripes in the sash are black it is Prussian.  

Proud Kraut

The epaulets are: Ulanen-Regiment "König Karl" (1. Württembergisches) Nr. 19, 3. Eskadron. The Regiment was garrisoned in Ulm

The sash does appear to be Prussian having black stripes in the silver bullion.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:33 PM, 4th Miss Cav said:

scales.jpg

That Monogram will be a K and  R, KR, which stands for Karl Rex,  Karl the King.

It's possible this is an officers tunic, a Cornet. the metal of the epauletts being Gilt for officers, other ranks were "Yellow" IE Brass, but the distinctions are hard to see, the two metals in my estimation looking basically the same, The collar has Guards Litzen? if so the 19th Ulan was one of the regiments to wear them, they were in the Button Color, "White". Have to post larger size photos of the collar my friend, and the sash as well as the tops of the shoulders where the epaulets were too, there's a tab the tongue of the epauletts passes through that's supposed to be in Silver in "State Colors for Officers.