european sword help identify - Most likely Bavarian

donnol

I had this sword for many of years never yet had identify it's origin , looks french mix with german and spanish it's double edge blade has crown mark with a i under it and a no# 11 on the nickel guard. length of blade 23 1/4 in, overall length 28 1/4 in. any knowledge would be appreciated. thanks

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Made in the form of a German Police short sword but the crown marking is not German.  Possibly an export to another country.  Look closely at the area of the blade edges approximately 4" or 6" from the guard and see if it is slightly narrowed.  If it is made in this wasp wasted manner it is made after the style of the Bavarian Police.

Bavarian Pol short sword.JPG

Bav GEMPO heavy hilt.JPG

Bavarian Police short swords ALCOSO.jpg

2 hours ago, SARGE said:

Made in the form of a German Police short sword but the crown marking is not German.  Possibly an export to another country.  Look closely at the area of the blade edges approximately 4" or 6" from the guard and see if it is slightly narrowed.  If it is made in this wasp wasted manner it is made after the style of the Bavarian Police.

Bav GEMPO heavy hilt.JPG

i have checked it out and yes it's about 1/6 of an inch shorter width at that point in the blade so could this be a german maufacture export?

4 hours ago, SARGE said:

Bav GEMPO heavy hilt.JPG

6 hours ago, donnol said:

I had this sword for many of years never yet had identify it's origin , looks french mix with german and spanish it's double edge blade has crown mark with a i under it and a no# 11 on the nickel guard. length of blade 23 1/4 in, overall length 28 1/4 in. any knowledge would be appreciated. thanks

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

thank you sarge  i found one site that had couple of pictures of my sword exact size and shape it's a bavarian sword wow it took 40 years to find this.

• 2 weeks later...