Operation Desert Storm Iraqi Republican Guard Officer and enlisted man

ScottG

A Captain of the Republican Guard. This set was taken by me in 1991 and I have had it since. It is complete with trousers and boots though currently displayed on a torso. He has the standard green shirt with RG triangle insignia, the red "qardoon" or fourragerre for RG units, Cpt rank, British P57 style field gear and scarf as well as a long sleeve sweater under the top. M80 helmet with net and RG beret. The EM wears L'berge camo with an M90 helmet and field gear.    Enjoy. Scott.

DSCN7503.JPG

DSCN7504.JPG

DSCN7506.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all, I have about a dozen different uniforms I kept from my Iraqi collection. I sent home hundreds of uniforms and helmets as well as a ton of insignia and equipment.   Scott

Skysoldier80
On 4/6/2021 at 2:21 AM, ScottG said:

Thanks all, I have about a dozen different uniforms I kept from my Iraqi collection. I sent home hundreds of uniforms and helmets as well as a ton of insignia and equipment.   Scott

You got lucky, when I got over there in OIF II most of the good stuff was already picked.  I got a handful of insignia, an RG shirt, a bayonet, and didn’t realize at the time, but my guys destroyed a bunch of Fadeyeen helmets; wish I got one of those.  I always wanted some of the medals and more RG stuff.  For a while I carried a RG AK47 with gold under stock.  Had it d-ringed to my Bradley so my M4 didn’t get crapped up with the moon dust.

you should show some more.  

Most is packed away but here are a couple of articles I did several years back on helmets and berets. All were from my bring back items. Eventually I will get some more pics up but am currently working on updating my basement/collection area. Thanks for the feedback and your service.    Scott

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Scan_Pic0003.jpg

Scan_Pic0004.jpg

Scan_Pic0005.jpg

Scan_Pic0006.jpg

Scan_Pic0007.jpg

Scan_Pic0008.jpg