WW2 German Luftwaffe Flak Badge Looking for Opinions

Navybean

Good afternoon.  I am looking for information on the below badge.  I pulled this from a estate years ago but I understand it could still be fake even from a estate.

The badge looks good to me but I have had a collector question the badge.  

I would appreciate any opinions 

af.jpg

af3.jpg

af4.jpg

af5.jpg

af6.jpg

af7.jpg

af8.jpg

af9.jpg

• 1 year later...
Preppy Picker

It looks like an Adolf Scholze who made a ball hinge Flak badge with a catch like the one on your badge. He also made one with a round wire catch. I like it and would want it for myself.

13 hours ago, Tony A said:

Hi Navybean,

What did the collector question about the badge ?

Regards

Tony

Thanks Tony for the update.  I had it for sale the collector bought it and simple said it was a known fake no explanation so I refunded his money. I felt it was good but I not a expert on badges.

12 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

It looks like an Adolf Scholze who made a ball hinge Flak badge with a catch like the one on your badge. He also made one with a round wire catch. I like it and would want it for myself.

Thanks for the input.  I am not a expert on these but it did come out of the bush. It came with a Luft belt buckle.

I’ll need to take it out of the repo pile.

Hi Mike,

I also believe that this Flak is original. I had a collection of Luftwaffe badges for many years and made quite a study of them. I would be happy if it was in my collection. I have now moved on to enamelled badges and like to study makers of both originals and reproductions. Here is a couple of pictures of an Adolf Schulze Badge to compare with yours.

Best Regards

Tony

Luftwaffe FLAK badge, Adolf Scholze, Grunwald.jpg

Luftwaffe FLAK badge, Adolf Scholze, Grunwald (2).jpg