Hello from Northern Ireland

Mikemike88

Hi all

I’m relatively new to collecting militaria having only really been doing it for the last 3-4 years but I’ve always been collecting something throughout my life although this feels a bit more long term than some of my previous endeavours. 

I collect pretty much WW2 exclusively but that’s where the restriction ends. I don’t collect any one area and have DAK paperwork, Japanese yosegaki flags, Fallschrimjager badges, US maps, medic gear etc. You get the idea.

I especially like items I can research and identify more about where and when they may have been used. 

I also seemed to have developed a sideline in collecting books, both in relation to historical information and for reference. It just seems to go hand in hand with the collecting of the items and associated research. 

So thanks for accepting me and I look forward to learning from you all.

Cheers

Michael

39 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

Hello Michael and welcome to the WMF! Would be great to see some pieces of your collection.

Thanks. I will post some pics once I figure out how to get them uploaded. I only have an android phone and an iPad with pretty much all my pics on my phone.